Saturday, November 27, 2010

Making Christmas Lanterns



This week I had a lovely group come and make hanging lanterns out of Christmas Fabric. They are all friends and did a great job of making them. I believe they are planning to make more. 









We used the Melly and Me pattern 
 "Lantern Strings"









Close up of lanterns













Red Shoe Dog

I am making a quilt for a friends new baby boy.

It is based on a design in the book "Quilts,BABY!"
by Linda Kopp 

Free motion embroidering the bike wheel



 
 Checking my work before moving the hoop



Close up of the bike. 

See the blue lines I have drawn to guide my sewing. I sew at least twice over each line.


Work in progress. I am a little stuck on where to go next.  Keep watching for the next installment.

I love free motion embroidery and raw edge applique because of the artistic freedom they give me. 

I can teach you how to do this. Just book into a free choice class.

No comments:

Post a Comment