Friday, February 25, 2011

Comfort Sewing

Here we are and it is almost March! 

What have I been doing?

   Dots Bag
Pattern copyright 2009 Susan Wasinger
from the book 'Fabricate' 
published by Interweave Press


The kids who come here are
totally in love with this bag!


Much more importantly
I have been doing some
compassionate sewing
Sunday Sewing

Making pincushions & needlecases for the flood affected sewing community of Ipswich & Lockyer Valley 


Many other ladies
made items at home.


Thank you so much everyone
& Special thanks to 
Thread & Ginger for the venue





Happy to help






Pincushion Design copyright 2010 by Kajsa Wikman from the book
'Scandinavian Stitches' from C & T Publishing Inc.
This is a beautiful book which is full of wonderful images and projects to inspire anyone interested in raw edge stitching. Get yourself a copy. You will be truly inspired.
 

We made these to go in the 50 sewing bags made by
The Country Quilt Co. ladies in Ipswich


Next project was the Snuggly Squares Baby Quilt




Loved this pattern too
It comes with very detailed instructions if you are new to patchwork

Free Pattern from Moda Bakeshop
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/09/snuggly-squares-baby-quilt_07.html#more 



Nearly finished

I love binding quilts

Hope the baby likes it as much as I do










 Then I made some sample notebook covers
 Designed by our talented Aussie Anni Downs

I will be teaching these at Thread & Ginger on 7th March
Then the sunglasses case from the same book on 4th April
Book in buy a book and enjoy the fun


Next time I will bring you pictures from tomorrows
'Raw edge applique' class at Urban Sewing Lounge

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, how are you, hope you are well! I missed my sewing lessons for a long time, I'll join it very soon again, just so busy organising wedding and the other things. Sunday sewing class look very warm and entertaining! See you soon, Tiffany x

    ReplyDelete