Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cool Weather Sewing



Christmas Heart Hangers.


Karen has adapted some of the lovely designs in the book 'Scandinavian Needlecraft' by Claire Youngs & Sarah Hoggett  to make these gorgeous hearts. They are stitched on my favourite linen from Sckafs Fabrics at Indooroopilly. It has wonderful hand, colour & texture


Hooray for the last of the summer daisies which keep the garden looking bright & cheerful.

I am often asked what I am working on so I have snapped a few photos of my latest projects.

At any given time I always have lots of works in progress and I have learnt to accept that this is both part of my personality and a symptom of the various demands on my time. The good news is that I usually come back to them and that I always find little surprises and old friends when I tidy up.

This is the Sarah Fielke piece that I was working on in my last blog - I have finished it off as a large cushion and I am very happy with the result.




'Sewing Angel Toolstore'
 Hatched & Patched


I bought this kit in June 2011
Cut it out & started it in October,
took it on holidays with me in November, February & April and finally finished it a few weeks ago. 
 
View with the tri-fold the other way

A project like this takes time but the satisfaction and enjoyment it gives is well worth it.




Here is 'Acute' by Melly & Me

I love this little guy and so do most kids.



 This little zipper pouch is made using Moda Fabric designed by Aneela Hoey
and called 'Little apples olive outfits'




I used a Birdhouse pattern called 'Hexagon Purses'
www.thebirdhouse.com.au





'Charlotte Sometimes'
       from the book
Material Obsession Two

This is my major work in progress
and I am currently working my way through the needleturn applique on the borders.







So there you have a glimpse into what I am working on.  Happy sewing everyone......Linda



1 comment:

  1. Wow, so many lovely finishes! Heart ornaments are very cute, the pillow is adorable, and Anni Downs' sewing case is so beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete